I have been following The Sartorialist for awhile (as a part of my daily google reader routine!), but I only recently discovered his girlfriend and fellow fashion blogger, Garance Doré. She's great! While she "essentially" does the same thing as her beau by photoblogging classy style, she adds more of a whimsical, carefree touch to her posts. I love her feathery sketches, her fanciful cursive, and especially her photographs that present an artistic intimacy that Scott lacks. Her feminine tastes must have influenced it.
Her recent post about temporary tats by Chanel (cool idea! but i think, undoubtedly, that it'll be copied and mass-produced):
In Interview magazine, posing in front of a sketch (she's carefree enough to pose like this):
But what interests me most is their relationship. She wrote in one of her earlier blogs:
It was a good three years ago now. Like everyday, I was looking at his photos. I’d never met him. That day though, looking at one of the shots, I wanted to be behind his shoulder.
He communicated something about fashion that no one had to me before. For me, his photos were like a dream made out of reality. With him, fashion was an affair of grace and moment, then with something hidden in the bright light, the gaze of a child.
More recently, Scott blogged about grace and Garance. I love this post because he's actually expressing beautiful thoughts through words instead of photos. He's so classy :)
I'm telling you guys again, women notice the small stuff. They notice the gentleness/gentlemenliness more than if you use the right fork at dinner. I'm a very lucky man, Garance notices every little kindness I offer her, she doesn't miss a thing. Knowing that makes it so much more rewarding to do even more little things for her. I'll be honest, my biggest obsession in life right now is not better shoes, more suits or a bigger career but, to simply be a more graceful man for my graceful woman.
fashion and romance - what a fun idea.


No comments:
Post a Comment