Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Apparently My Grammar Sucks

I'm in our living room now, the bright afternoon sun is glowing through our thick, shiny, olive noise-reducing curtains. My plan for today was to quickly head to the apartment, grab lunch and go directly to the gym. But like always, my impulsive, undisciplined nature gets the best of me. And I couldn't get Betty's comments on my paper out of my head.

This is not the first time teachers have criticized my writing, and I don't take offense to it. Like I've said - I always wait until the last minute and I have never really edited my papers. And Betty's comments have made me realize that I do not have a firm grasp of English grammar, especially when it comes to prepositions (how da fuck do I use from/to/with/of/against/etc.?). And if I want to major in COM, I need to get my act together. So I guess I'll start number 1 on my New Year's Resolutions: 1. go to the writing center every time I hand in a paper.

I be out,
Bonn

No comments:

Post a Comment