Bonnie here. I'm currently sitting at a desk on the third floor of MUGAR library, needing to start my history paper... but lately my thoughts have been racing so much that i've decided to channel them into blog form. I'm convincing myself that this will actually save me time in doing my ASSignment because I'm a very distracted person. Today, I was sitting in MA 213 and I felt compelled to write to scribble this into my notebook:
Race to finish-
As soon as that red ribbon
wrapped and broke upon her beating chest,
she looked backwards, gasped regret.
She left behind that playful,
little girl with the bright pink bow
perfectly placed upon her happy head.
Winter/ Xmas times tend to get me nostalgic. I know I'm still young, but I feel like I've spent a great deal of my youth trying to be older, trying to reach what i thought embodied adult independence. I thought independence would lead to freedom, but I'm starting think that becoming an adult sort of forces you to relinquish freedom in a way. I'm referring to thoughts being less open. My views are becoming rigid, less optimistic and critical. And now, I miss the magic of being amused by everrryyything, believing that anything could happen. As I get older, less and less things become fun. Well, I guess I could look forward to getting excited about deals at Bed, Bath and Beyond!
POST-EDIT:
Just got back from counter-protest of Westboro Baptist Church near Hillel that got transfered to Marsh Plaza. I'm still not solid on the merits of "counter" protesting. Though i'm sure there were sensationalism junkies out there, it brings people together, and the WBC is quite crazy. I can't quite get the image of the little boy holding that sign, "Your Rabbi is a WHORE". These protests remind me of my Laramie Project days... I wouldn't mind going back. Weird. I've been saying since freshman year that i would never go back to high school.
ohk back to work...
less than three, bonnie
No comments:
Post a Comment