Sunday, December 6, 2009

lazy sunday, wake up in the late afternoon

It's 4pm, the early signs of a hazy, auburn sunset are creeping up from behind the silhouettes of surrounding apartment buildings and snow-lined tree branches. I'm currently chilling, still in my pajamas, with a few of my roommates and Jessie's hospitality team. It's relaxed, with Usher's spotlight beating in the background. Pretty much a 180 from last night's rager...

After D1 Cookie's and Cocoa event, I headed to APO's Ibanquet. I took home 3 tins filled with leftover pasta and bread nom! This definitely cured some drunkchies later on in the night. However, it was a total trek having to carry this considerably heavy cardboard box filled with food in the super slushy blizzard that surprised us last night. I only had my thin blazer and scarf wrapped around my head for protection. Sadly, my black suede heeled boots became super acquainted with slippery slushy puddle ground. Don't you hate uncomfortable, heavy, wet and cold journeys? Luckily, I was not alone and Sarah and Katie helped me out :) .

But as we approached 447, we witnessed an angry couple screaming, shouting at each other loud enough to disturb neighbors and stop groups of people in their (slushy) tracks. She tried to escape him, he grabbed at her, shouting threats, "I'll kill you!...". He manically sprinted to catch up to her. I remember thinking, this could've been one of those situations meaning disaster for that girl. Luckily the cops showed up. And I was ready to head home.

As I approached the steps toward 3C, the loud shouts and pounding music reverberated closer and hit me as I walked through. It was definitely a majority brown people party. An interesting night filled with drama, creepers, and despite our cautionary welcome sign, bitches and hos...

Peace and cupcakes,
Bonn


No comments:

Post a Comment