Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Don't let the blowout fool yah..."

I've been sitting on our black, plush futon just chillin w/ my roomies, in my pajajays. Been here long enough that we've caught up on all the episodes of MTV's Jersey Shore...twice. I feel like I deserve to be a lazy poop after having spent 28 hours awake straight! effin HI 392 damnit. Actually, I like the class, and Betty only took 1/3 of a grade off for my late paper. I guess I'm just mad that for once, procrastination did not work for me. All of last semester and basically my entire life - I've procrastinated till the last minute and it has always miraculously worked for me - waking up hours before it's due, pulling all nighters, frantically typing my last words and hitting print literally the last moment... I've finished papers in lecture before it was due, sprinting to the print lab to get it in tangible form just minutes before - and it's worked. I used to love that push from the pressure of diminishing time. It forced me to do it! But, now it's too exhausting for me... yet, I don't know if I'll stop. Procrastinating is too fun.

I tend to use my would-be useful time online window shopping and fashion blogstalking. Lately, suede wedges have been on my wish list. As I was working at Expresso Royal yesterday, hyped on a triple cafe americano and half an expresso (which btw is not a good combination for a non caffeine junkie), I spotted a girl sporting a strong, simple navy blue peacoat with bold brass buttons and a bold collar AND black suede wedge booties with silver zippers in the back of the heel. I think that look might've been good enough for Scott Schuman. What I love about this wedge is how a familiar shape gets transformed into a unique, bold aesthetic . Plus you get a more comfortable heel. We've all seen spring appropriate espadrille wedges - but cover that with black and/or suede and you go from sweet to fierce.
Right now I'm loving these:



BTW I'm listening to Solange's version of Stillness Is the Move. Sometimes new takes on originals are much better.

"... I'm not a bitch"
Peace and <3


No comments:

Post a Comment